Monday, March 9, 2009

Random pictures that I like

I realized with some disappointment that I haven't been taking many pictures lately. I know, I'm so lame! It's mainly because, really, we're just not as fun as we used to be. Honestly. But we're going to work on it, I swear. So in the meantime--and, by the way, I will definitely let everyone know when we are officially fun again--I decided that I should post some great pictures that make me smile and/or laugh every time I see them.
So this is just a great picture all around. First of all, notice how everyone in the picture is laughing pretty hard, so you know that Blair is saying something pretty ridiculous. Second of all, if you know my dad, Jon Fin does not laugh really hard like that very often, so clearly this is just a gem of a picture. Good times at the sand dunes.
And what a good segue into this picture, huh? I actually didn't even plan that, it just turned out that way. This was back when Ian lived in Deming, New Mexico, and we all (minus Andre) went to visit him. We went to some white sand dunes and had fun taking some pictures. This is one of my all time favorites of my sibs. Now if we could just figure out how to photo shop Andre in.
Now if this picture doesn't just make you laugh right out loud, there is something wrong with you. Seriously. I think this is one of my all time favorite pictures of Dylan because it is the perfect depiction of his personality. And now he has a son.
That was then. Probably circa 1989. Aren't Aimee and Dallas cute, though? As you can see, they've always been buds. And you can't fully appreciate it in this picture, but my mom always did our hair totally awesome. We may have had the ugly silver teeth and clothes that we usually picked out ourselves, but my mom always had our hair looking good.
This is now. Or at least, closer to now. And again, the Dallas sandwich. He's just so cute, you can't help but hugging him like that. At least he stayed cute. Aimee is pretty cute, too. I guess I'll just crop the picture close on the right the next time...
Again, if this doesn't make you laugh out loud, I don't know. Ok, maybe it's not that funny. I personally think it is because one night when Blair was shaving his head, he said, "Do you think that I should just leave it like this? Maybe I should, huh?" Obviously he wasn't serious, but it looks pretty good on him, right?
This picture probably epitomizes what I love about Blair. This was at one of their games at BYU where there was a rain delay. All of the other guys were hanging out in the dug out, and Blair took off his cleats, ran out on to the tarp, and starting sliding on it like it was a giant slip and slide. The BYU paper got some pictures of it and ran them in the paper the next day because they thought it was so funny, I guess. He's always so positive and can find the best in every situation--like having some fun instead of complaining that the game was going to get cancelled because of rain. What a guy!
Seriously, though, how could I not fall in love with the guy with a smile like that? Enough said. And the eye black? Icing on the cake, my friend.
Gotta love the sibs. We (meaning the girls) were trying to get the boys to do a sleeper. Andre was giving it his best--he thought we meant to look sleepy--but Dylan and Dallas were acting like they were above it and Ian was just giving it his classic smirk. I always think to myself, how did I get so blessed to have the family that I do? I mean, really, is it fair that I have 2 awesome parents who would do anything for their kids, 6 siblings that I love to hang out with, and the best husband ever, not to mention great in laws and the sweetest nieces and nephews when other people are born into the crappiest family situation ever? I think I sometimes forget how great my life is and why, so a big thanks to everyone in our lives that makes it so great. I really appreciate all of you and the joy that you bring into our lives!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Love the pics! The descriptions aren't bad either. :) Way to go you little blogger. We should hang out soon huh?

*Brett and Lacey* said...

Thanks Sar! That was some funny stuff and it made my day!

candice said...

I'm sorry I haven't been a great friend lately! Those are some great pics. I agree that Blair is funny! We have a crazy picture of Blair that Allie took with her own camera. We have a nice shot of your countertop and body, but Allie cut off your head! BTW, how can you look at that picture of you, Aimee and Dylan and not see how beautiful you are? You are. Not just on the outside either! I hope we can get together soon... I'm missin' you!

nic said...

These pictures are some of my favorites as well. Ok, those of B to the L are good, but I mostly meant the others. That face of Dylan's--seriously one of the best ever! Epitome of randomosity and strangeness. I love it. Thanks for the laughs!

nic said...

Happy Birthday to Blair today!!! I hope you had a fun day. We are really excited to see you two this week!

Kristan Carter said...

Cute post...And I enjoyed the pictures...We should get together again...I guess I will see you this weekend at the tourney. YEAH