Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What the?

Hello friends. I hope you had a great T-Give. I can't believe that it has come and gone and now it's December. How did that happen? I mean, I know the whole rotation of the earth on its axis and around the sun and whatnot, but I cannot believe that 2009 is almost over. And the fact that it is December means that I only posted one time in November. How lame am I? I apologize, but really, the lack of posting is just because my life is so boring nowadays (who came up with that word, anyway?). There's no one to blame but me, though, so I guess I just need to make my own fun. We do have a few fun things planned for the rest of this week. We are going to the Festival of Trees with Brenda and Ian on Thursday night--I wonder how it will compare to Delta's? Just kidding, I don't really wonder how it will compare. Then we are going to the IPP Christmas party with my parents on Friday night. Dinner and dancing, so that will be fun if I can get Blair to dance with me. Saturday morning we have our ward Christmas party, and then Saturday night we are going to hang out with Amy and Jesse. So it should be a fun rest of the week. Now I just need to get rid of my hacking cough. I don't know who gave it to me, but I think it's pretty rude. I'm trying to decide right now if I should sleep on the couch tonight because I kept Blair up a lot of the night last night coughing. So now I'm the rude one. I guess being sick makes you rude. But I do have to say, I have the whole cough-into-your-arm routine down, so that's pretty courteous of me, right?

Back to Thanksgiving, though--I know, I get sidetracked so easily--it was great. I love hanging out with my family, so we are lucky that we live so close. I got to go to FC with my parents on Tuesday night, and I helped my mom do pies and rolls on Wednesday to get ready for the big feast. That was fun because I got to hang out with my mom, and she is the best. Seriously, we made 12 pies because she likes to make whatever kinds of pie everyone likes--gooseberry, currant, squash (like pumpkin but better), apple, banana cream, and coconut cream. Then she spent a lot of the weekend doing dishes because we kept dirtying up the kitchen. She's just so great. Plus, I got to hang out with my dad, which is always awesome. I sometimes forget that a lot of people don't have parents who are awesome and who love them, so I'm really glad that I do. I mean, I'm always grateful for my family, but it gets a little more clear around the holidays that your family is what matters. Plus, I got to stay in Fool Creek until Sunday, so it was basically a vacation for me. Anyway, I have a lot to be thankful for, so I appreciated having a chance to think about everything I have and say thanks instead of focusing on what I don't have. I hope everyone else had a great T-Give as well. And hopefully I'll have something interesting to post about soon since I'm trying to make my life more interesting. If not, I'll just make something up. Either way, I'm going to post more than once in December.

4 comments:

nic said...

honey. try it for your cough. it helps i promise. a doctor told me so.

i am thankful for you!

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Sara, please write a book. You are a very enthralling writer.

Cassa Carter said...

I second that!

Kendal and Kendra said...

Glad you guys had a fun Thanksgiving! We loved getting to see you guys! Lets do it again soon!