I've been getting a lot of flack lately for not updating the blog, but really, people, our lives have been really boring the past couple months. I mean, I guess we've been doing stuff, but I can't figure out how to make it funny, so what's the point of posting about it if it's not going to be funny. Because let's be honest, who wants to read about our lives unless it's something funny, right? So since I'm too lazy to come up with something funny, I'll just give you a random list of what's been going on with us.
- I'm looking for a job since mine ends in July. Preferably one that doesn't require me to be pepper sprayed in the face, so if you know of any, let me know.
- We ran a fake 10k last weekend. If you're wondering what that means, it means it was only 5.7 or so miles instead of 6.2. Lame.
- Blair's turning 30 next week, so I'm coming up with some awesome birthday ideas. I can't give it away, but let's just say that he is going to love me.
- I'm getting excited for baseball season because Blair loves it so much. Plus, that means cold weather is almost gone. Yay.
- I realized today just how boring my life must be because I was excited when Blair told me that the census came in the mail today and then disappointed when it only took 2 minutes.
- I read a couple of really great books last week and remembered that the reason I don't allow myself to read is because I have no self control. I stayed up until 1 a.m. the one night and 2 a.m. the other night because I just had to finish the books. Ridiculous.
- I bought a great looking new suit since I'm going to (hopefully) have interviews in the next few months. Plus, if I'm really going to be an attorney, I have to start wearing suits. Ick.
- I found a couple great cheesecake recipes and made my first 2 cheesecakes in two weeks. Let's just say that the whole self control problem I have with books carries over pretty effectively to food. I know, you're surprised. I'm not kidding, though, the best cheesecake ever!
- Blair has been running a lot since it's getting warmer, but I'm just so lazy lately. I'll probably be 180 the next time you see me. Then I'll definitely have to buy some more suits.
- We are getting really excited to go to Michael Buble at the end of the month, plus a trip to the Melting Pot thanks to Dena. Can't wait for a hot date night with my husband.
- Softball season is starting up for Blair, and I'm all in when the tournaments are in St. George because that means we get to hang out with Wade and Sara and go shopping. Plus, it's really fun when my husband is the best one on the team.
- I had the best burger ever the other night. I thought about posting just about the deliciousness of my hamburger, but I knew that it would alienate the remaining two readers of our blog if I broke my two month silence by blogging about my dinner. I'll just give you a brief synopsis of why it was so great: it was homemade by Blair with extra garlic, topped with pepperjack cheese, pickles, and avocado. Yum.
- I said the 'f' word in my dream the other night and felt really guilty when I woke up. I sure hope dreams don't count.
- My friend Jenni and I came up with a backup plan in case neither one of us gets jobs. Meth. Pretty great, huh? We figured it would solve our problems with me being childless and Jenni being man-less since all of the meth-heads that we see in court have plenty of children and plenty of men. Plus, if we're making our own, we can sell what we don't use. Look at us solving problems. I don't mind if you take our idea if you also have some problems that meth will solve, but don't infringe on our potential market, ok?
See, I told you that it wouldn't be funny or entertaining, but now you know what we've been up to lately. I'm going to try really hard to find something funny to blog about next week, so stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I laughed. ;) I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was excited to fill out the census and then disappointed because it took 2 seconds. What books are ya reading...I could use a few good titles. But I am the same way, I stay up to finish them.
You are so wrong... every post of yours is funny, even when it's about dinner! Like I said before... you should write a book.
I agree with Kelli, you really could write books in your spare time; that is if the whole meth thing fails :) So, you're the nicest person ever to say I look good with a FAT tummy! I also think it's funny that you say how lazy you are, 2 paragraphs below running a 10k, (whether it was fake or not). I've only ran one 1/2, so I've got a lot of catching up to do to be in the same pool as the rest of you running nuts. You're lucky that your hubby runs with you, Jaren always uses a bummed knee as an excuse, but when I was running that 1/2 I passed a 90 year-old running with a cane in one hand. No excuses!!
I echo the sentiments on this alleged "laziness." Clearly you have forgotten my attitude towards running in POST.
yes! i can't wait for you guys to come visit us once you've found your high-paying lawyer job! (or are making tons of money selling meth--either way.)
i'm the exact same way when i find a good book...i just want to read and read and read.
Good luck with the job hunt! i think we're probably due for a phone update :) i'll have to get on that.
Post a Comment