So Blair and I started doing the Spinning class at the Orem Fitness Center a couple months ago, and I just gotta say, I love it! I was really intimidated to try it the first time because it seems really hard core. And some of the people who do it are hard core into biking and doing triathlons and stuff, but you can also just go for the workout, which is what I do. It totally kicks my butt whenever I go, but it is also really empowering and energizing. I'll have to post a picture of Blair and I after we go on a Saturday sometime because we are just dripping sweat when we get done. If you've never tried it, you totally should.
The other thing we did tonight that also intimidated me at first was eating salmon. I'm not a big fish person, but you know, salmon has a lot of omega fatty acids, so I'm trying to get a taste for it. I've found several good recipes in the past few months that I've been trying to make it for dinner more often, and they usually include sauces to mask the fish taste. So the one that we had for dinner tonight was salmon with pineapple salsa, and it was pretty tasty. I mean, the salsa was fantastic, and the salmon was alright, so altogether it was pretty tasty. I don't know if anyone even likes salmon, but I thought I would post the recipe. Because even if you don't like salmon, the pineapple salsa was really tasty if you love homemade salsa as much as we do. So here it is.
Depending on how many people you're feeding, obviously get that many salmon fillets. We buy the bag at Costco and then just cook 2 at a time since there's only 2 of us. So rinse the fillets and pat them dry, then brush both sides with 2 or 3 tbsp of lime juice, or just pour some lime juice in a bowl and dip the fillets in it. Sprinkle them with cumin and then grill in a basket on the grill for 8-12 minutes, or bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees or until it flakes easily with a fork.
Fresh Pineapple Salsa
2 cups coarsely chopped fresh (or canned) pineapple
1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tbsp lime juice
1 small fresh jalapeno pepper (or serrano pepper), seeded & finely chopped
1 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp honey
Chop all of the ingredients up and then stir together. The recipe says that you can substitute chives for the cilantro, but why would you want to?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have a suggestion for a salmon recipe its a real easy one....
Raw Salmon
sashimi cut
eat
see its easy, and delish
Post a Comment