Thursday, June 5, 2008

Update

Wow, I'm such a blogging slacker! It's partially because there's not a lot exciting going on in our lives and partially because there's too many mundane things going on. POST is a good example of that because it's very mundane at times--think of listening to 8 hours of how to write a police report when you know that you will never have to write one--and kind of exciting/fun at other times--like learning how to do takedowns on people that are a lot bigger than me, which is also something that I will probably never have to do but still fun. We do a lot of pushups when we do PT (which just stands for physical training) and I did 13 at the initial PT test. Now I just have to do 15 at the final PT test, which sounds fairly innocuous, right? However, I am actually regressing in the number of pushups I can do, so I'm a little worried since the final PT test is only 2 weeks away. There are less than 2 weeks left, which is nice, but it's actually been a better experience than I thought it would be. For example, I really like a lot of our classmates, like the guy from Vernal who always asks hilariously inappropriate "hypotheticals" or stories about "a guy he knows" which invariably end up being about him, or the guy from Panguitch who is the nicest good ol' country boy and reminds me of some of the boys I grew up with. There's also a guy from Cedar City who is probably 40ish, reminds me of a cool older brother or something, and is my running buddy when we do PT even though he just stopped smoking a couple years ago. So the people that I've met will probably be the thing that I take the most from these 5 weeks, but the rest hasn't been too bad either.

In other news, Blair is the best, but let's be honest, that was already generally known. Not only did he get me a gift certificate for a spa package for when I'm done with the academy, but he also got me a birthday present today--my birthday isn't until June 23--and couldn't wait to give it to me because he was so excited. And for good cause, since he knew I would love it! (I realize this is an incomplete sentence, but it is only for effect, so please disregard its grammatical impropriety.) He got me a large framed painting of the Manti Temple, and both the painting and the frame are gorgeous! His gifts are always impressive because he manages to remember things that I have at one time mentioned that I wanted and have since forgotten, so I was totally surprised when I saw what it was. Man, he's just so great! Having him around and helping out around the house has been so helpful for POST, and it feels like we are real people now since we are both working and making money. Weird!

3 comments:

carrie said...

Sara, good to know you are still alive! I also have complete confidence in your pushup ability, I know you can do it!

Brenda said...

Ahhh, Blair is pretty cute. You are both lucky that you have each other. Sunday was fun - but I didn't get to chat with you two much. Maybe we should go on a double date - we can do raquetball at my gym...just let me know when you two are available.

Jami Key said...

Ha Ha I found you. I've actually been wondering how you are alot lately. Are ya still around Happy Valley? If you are we need to get together for lunch or dinner or something.