Thursday, May 1, 2008
Clarification--Job Description
So I realized that some of the people who might be viewing our blog never got the full description of my sweet job, and I thought that might reduce the confusion. No, I did not make a drastic career change and suddenly decide to become a cop after 7+ years of schooling, although one might think that from my references to police academy. The job that I got, which will actually give me some pretty great legal experience, is a combo position in which I will play the role of both bailiff ("All rise, the Honorable Judge Hansen, Fourth District Court is now in session") and law clerk ("Sure judge, I would be happy to write a memo on the elements of the tort of intentional interference with prospective business advantage), despite the fact that the two really have nothing in common besides sitting in the court room. I have to go to 6 weeks of the police academy, which will start in a little over a week on May 12, then my real job starts on August 1. So I'll keep everyone 'posted' (pun intended) on how the police academy goes. I mean, it's pretty sad when the most exciting thing going on in my life is wearing a police uniform and getting sprayed in the face with pepper spray, but what can I say, I needed some adventure in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm Sorry you have to be sprayed with pepper spray......Ouch! Sally's (Tony's sis) husband went to the police academy and they video taped the pepper spraying incident, it looks toooooo painful for words. Although, they did use some to describe the pain, it starts with an 'f', enough said. Good luck!
Congrats on the graduation! You looked great. I'm excited for you to go to police academy. My brother in-law went and taped the whole pepper spray experience but they also had to get tased and he recorded that as well. Lot's of begging coming from those 'tough' guys. Do you have to get tased? If you do, so sorry and Good Luck!
Post a Comment