Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sweet Uni!

I'm not sure if that is how one would actually spell 'uni,' which is Blair's shortened form of 'uniform.' I tried on my pants, belt and new uniform shoes for Blair today at lunch so he could see how awesome I'm going to be looking every day for the next year and a half or so. And I know everyone is going to be jealous when they see the sweetness of my pants and shoes, but don't worry because you can re-create this look for yourself for a mere $70 at your local police supply store.

Aimee will probably die when she sees my whole uniform for the police academy because it is this great little number with a gray polo shirt that has a blue star on it. Talk about clashing! I know that you're thinking the pants look pretty sweet, but they're actually not that comfortable. They have elastic in the waist that isn't actually very elastic-y, so they're kind of tight around the waist and worn very high, if you can't tell from the picture. They also have some sweet knee pads sewn into the knees since they're tactical pants, and the pads don't bend with the ol' knee very well. But it's not that bad. In related news, I can almost do 10 pushups, so get excited about that! We only have to do 6 or so when we first start, but then we have to be able to do 15 or something when we're done. I'm also on track for the running stuff, but I have to work on my situps. All the excitement of the police academy begins May 12, so I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

6 comments:

Rachel Gillie said...

What?! You are astounding me yet again! From law school to the police academy - either you are researching a incredible crime drama that you are about to write, you have plans to become president some day and want to be well-educated and serve fellow citizens, or you're just pretty much amazing! I'll go with the latter! Have fun with your push ups!

carrie said...

Wow Sara, way to go! I knew you were in Law School because Isaac just got in to BYU, but I had no idea about the police academy....Yowie-zow! Thanks for finding my blog. I am excited to see you sometime, you will probably be ripped to the max! you and your hubby are so cute, you are going to have some waaaaay cute kids I'm sure! lots of exclamation marks in this baby!!!!! oh, p.s. Nice pants!

Jamie Finlinson said...

A mere $70 is not bad, I just might have to check that out. Congrats on graduation and good luck with Police Academy!

Aimee said...

um, seriously ... sweet uni. it's really all that needs to be said.

Harmony said...

I am so excited for you to be finally done with school! You look hot in your uniform! Blair should check into a matching one.

Winters Family said...

Hey Sara:

This is Erin "Pace" Winters. Ok so I'm really not a huge blog stalker I just came across yours from Dallin Chases somehow.Ok so maybe I am I guess? I just wanted to say hi and tell ya that you are just so awesome! I cannot believe you have graduated law school. That's so great Sara! You and your hubby are such a cute couple and it was cool to look at pics of your family. Everyone is so grown up its weird. Anyways, congrats on your passing the BAR and graduating law school. Take care! Maybe I will see ya at church in Leamington sometime.

Erin