Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Graduation!

I haven't posted any pictures for a while, so I thought that I would put up some of the pictures from graduation last week since we took about a hundred. Graduation was a little anticlimactic for me since I already took the bar and everything, but it was a nice way to cap off my law school career. And the actual convocation wasn't bad. I usually hate sitting through those since the speakers are typically boring, but ours were pretty good. We also had a small party later that night to celebrate, so I'll throw in some of those pictures as well.


We thought it would be fun to get a picture of Nicole and I in our garb since we're both "doctors" now with our hoods and all.

We had to take a lot of pictures of Blair and me because, let's be honest, I would not have made it through law school without him!

I also would not have made it through without my parentals. They talked me out of quitting during my first year more than once...

Blair's parents made the 10 hour trip up from southern California just to go to my graduation and hang out with us for a day and a half. Thanks!

This is a picture of me getting hooded. Most of the pictures from the actual graduation are blurry because I didn't really stop to pose or anything.

Here's a pic of me and my BFF Liz with our guys, Blair and Zack, respectively. I know it's totally dorky that Blair and I are both wearing our BYU Law sweatshirts, but we're only cheesy like that every once in a while.

I decided it would be a good idea to take pictures at the party too, so we kept trying to get everyone to do a sleeper picture. It was a new concept for my brothers, but they pulled it off. This is Aimee and I on the ends and Dylan and his girlfriend Darci in the middle. I'm pretty sure this is their very first sleeper picture.

Here are two more of my handsome older brothers, Andre and Ian. They kept mad dogging the camera, so we were lucky to get a couple where we're all smiling or laughing, as the case may be.

We also thought it would be fun to do a little fam photo since we aren't all together like this very often. On the front is Dallas (21), Ian (34), Dylan (27), Andre (32), then me, Aimee (23) and Nicole (29) on the back. I realized after we took them and I was looking through them that we're having a Finlinson family photo under a board that says Lucas, so it's a little misleading, but oh well. For some reason my brothers have a problem with doing real, toothy smiles when we take pictures, so that's why they are all doing half smiles and the girls are cheesing out.


The whole fam (sans spouses & kiddies)! I've gotta say, we sure have a good looking family, don't you think? I mean, I could be biased... For the back row, we were standing on our futon, and I was pretty sure that it was going to snap in half. It didn't, though, so we made it through unscathed. It was a fun day, and it was so nice to have all of my family get together for a while, as well as some of our friends. It would have been the perfect day if it had not been windy at the BBQ, but it was still pretty great. I've got to say a big thanks to everyone who helped me make it through law school sane, especially Blair, my family and my friends--you guys are the best!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

We need to give Dylan a lesson on sleepers. Clearly, you don't smile & sleep.

~Sarah said...

Congrats on getting your Law degree! It has been fun to read up on your life. You are as cute as ever!