Ok, so Christmas came and went and then New Year's came and went, and we never took any pictures. I know, we're really lame for doing that, or for not doing that, however you want to look at it. But rest assured that even though we didn't take pics, we had a fabulous holiday season. We spent 4 days down in Fool Creek for Christmas, which was great, like always, and we got to hang out with most of the fam, except Andre & Brooke and Dan & Nicole. We celebrated our fifth anniversary (!) that weekend, and it still feels kind of weird that we have been married that (relatively) long. Then for New Year's we had a kind of impromptu party with a few couples that we love but haven't hung out with for a while, so it was the perfect excuse. We did the traditional fondue with a cheese one and then a dark chocolate one. I tried a new recipe for the cheese fondue, and it was so so good! I thought about making fondue a monthly tradition just because it was so tasty, but I thought that wouldn't be good for my bottom line, so I rethought it. We were kind of lame hosts because we don't get any channels, so we didn't even watch the ball drop. But we still cheered when it was approximately midnight, and it was just as good, I'm sure of it.
And now it's 2009. I can't believe it. I know it's the 6th, but I'm still formulating my goals for this year. I'm being more thoughtful about it than I have been at times in the past because I want to make some real changes and not just superficial or short-lived ones. Here are some of the ideas I'm kicking around: find a wealthy benefactor who wants to give us $20-100k, preferably interest-free; read something besides a computer screen; figure out how to communicate with pre-pubescent girls (Beehives); convert Blair to Ute-ism; and purchase and learn how to wield an intimidating firearm. Ok, so while those are all things that I would potentially like to accomplish this year, they're not my real goals. But seriously, if you know of anyone who is looking to unload between $20 and $100 grand, definitely let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Blair better not turn to the Ute side! I've been dying to know how it went with the quilt. It was great to see you two and your place!
You are so funny. I almost laughed out loud while reading that! Thanks! Sounds like a fun Christmas and New years, and let's be honest- you need pictures to prove it! You guys better have some next year! We want to double with you guys soon! We are moving this weekend, but maybe here in the next couple weeks we could throw something together. Maybe if we work on it instead of Blair and Kendal we might see eachother more than once every 6 months- then again, maybe not! Let me know when you guys are free, and we can work something out!
If you find anyone willing to give up that kind of money, maybe you should send some our way! It sounds like you had a fun holiday!
Post a Comment