Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy V-Day!

Ok, so I know that I say this all the time, but Blair is seriously the best! He got me two bouquets of flowers last week "just because," and then he got me two bouquets of flowers today for Valentine's Day. What a guy! And he has a fun day trip planned for us for Saturday, so I'm really excited to hang out with him.

In other news, I've mostly lost my ability to do push-ups, in case you were wondering. After I ran tonight, I thought I would see if I could still do any, and I could barely do 5. Weak sauce! I decided last year after I reached the life-changing goal of being able to do 15 push-ups that I would never again fall to the level of a non-push-uper. I mean, seriously, I was starting to get some pretty good definition in the old arms, and now they're just back to normal. So I need to get to work on that. And I also decided that 2009 will be the year of running. Aimee and I decided that last year, but it didn't really come to fruition, so this year is the one. I just started running in the last couple years, so doing two 10ks last years was a big step for me. We're going to try to do some halfs and 10-milers this summer, though, so it will be another huge running milestone for me if I can do it.

Work is going fine, but if people could not get divorced or at least act grown up when they do, I would really appreciate it. I have a case that I have been working on almost non-stop for the past 2 or 3 weeks that is a guy asking the court to eliminate his alimony payment because he voluntarily ditched his $100k+ per year job for a job that pays $50k per year, supposedly. And I think he did it just to get out of his alimony obligation. So now I'm left going through the financial documents of the husband and the wife to determine what their reasonable monthly expenses are, if she can support herself, and if he can continue to pay. It makes me want to poke myself in the eye. I mean, seriously, can we all just act like adults here? Obviously that is a rhetorical question because, as I realize almost every day at court, we most decidedly cannot act like adults, and that's why we have courts. I mean, most of the time, I like my job quite a bit. But if you see me walking around in the next little while with a glass eye, you can assume that I've had enough of the ridiculousness of the cases I'm working on.

5 comments:

jeff&lynn said...

Hey guys,

People really amaze me all of the time. Some people just don't get it. That is why there is hope for me getting a decent job! There are plenty of whack-jobs out there. They are in Tennessee too, believe me.

Penny said...

That's awesome that you are running. I don't run either, but somehow Mike and I were convinced to run the Wasatch back with some friends so I just started training. We will see how it goes.

Kendal and Kendra said...

We would have to see you to know if you have a glass eye or not- so when is it going to happen? We are sinking back into our old routine! Kendal and I are usually free Friday nights- it's our date night-and also Sundays! Are you guys going to be around the next couple of weekends? AMybe we can have you up!?

Cassa Carter said...

Sounds like you got a great guy spoiled girl haha... Well, I get to se Aimee sometimes, but not you so we need to do something about that. I would like to start running to so that I could lose some of this baby weight, so we should try it sometime.

MiStY said...

Hey Sara, I got your blog address off of Cassa's. I just wanted to say Hi, how you doing? Well, I can read that you have a great guy and things are going well. It has been forever since I have seen you last. Hope to hear from you soon. Miss your guts.

Misty