I feel like we have done a ton of fun and/or interesting things in the past little while that I would really like to share with you, but I am just completely unable (or unwilling) to take the time and effort that it takes to really come up with some good posts about them. So, I'm going to steal my friend Mehgan's format and just give you a list in no particular order. Ooh, maybe I'll even take a vote and whichever item(s) gets the most votes will get a more elaborate post spotlight. Ok, so I'll probably do a more detailed post on most of these in the next little while, but I haven't done it yet, so I need to just get them written down before I forget.
1. Got the flu. Twice in two weeks. Not nice but not swine.
2. Experimenting with herbs & needles--not what you think, though. I'm going to a traditional chinese medicine practitioner who gives me (legitimate) herbs and does acupuncture on me. Love it!
3. Almost died hiking in Moab on Saturday for multiple reasons, but the proximate cause probably would have been my lack of coordo that was somehow exponentially amplified by my totally unreasonable hysteria. But I guess that's why it's hysteria. Good times.
4. Drove to Albuquerque on a Thursday, then drove back on a Sunday. Spent two blissful days in between enjoying the Kirk and the companionship of some new mexicans we know. Was totally appalled at the hovels we saw that people should not be living in and realized how uber-wealthy I am compared to a lot of people.
5. Ate a "meal square" for an afternoon snack that tasted suspiciously like stale fruitcake, but somehow with less sugar. Don't ask.
6. Gave up sugar and dairy completely for two weeks, then realized that it's stupid to live without them. So now I'm just living without them 90% of the time--and don't ask how I calculate that; let's just say it's intense.
7. Cried in a movie about a dog where the dog dies and got mad because I haven't done that since I was what, like 7?
8. Got the sweetest deal ever on some sliding shorts for Blair. Let's just say that the man has some big thighs.
9. Wanted to quit my job 3 out of 5 days for the last 3 weeks because of a ridiculous case that is the spawn of an even more ridiculous 15+ file case and in which the attorneys both totally missed the issue, so I had to do both their jobs but get paid 1/239th of their pay. And yes, that's an exact calculation, and yes, that was an unnecessarily long sentence.
10. Didn't quit my job because what would I do without the $9.75 every month? Instead I just ranted to the judge about how ridiculous these attorneys were. Not really helpful, as it turns out.
11. Laughed really hard at Blair. This really doesn't need any more explanation.
So there you go. Some things that I've done in the past little while that I wanted you to know about. Don't you feel like you have special insight into my life now? Well, you should. If there are any that you need more elucidation on, let me know and I'll save up my mental energy to do an actual post. Oh, and like I always say, I will post pictures of some of these later, but I don't have the capacity to do it now. And no, I'm not going to post any pictures of Blair's thighs or my flu experiences, partly because I don't have any and partly because it would be obscene.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sara - I LOVE you! Maybe you should just give up the clerk thing and right a book - it would definitely be funny. So I want to here more about Moab (sorry I already forgot which number that is). ;)
Okay I seriously laughed out loud at the big thighs comment. I feel ya on that one (does jeff or blair have bigger thighs?)
I would like to hear more about your chinese acupuncture and how it's working out for you!
I was telling Jeff that if we moved to Charleston people would actually want to come visit us! But we should definitely try to work something out this summer. We'd love to see you guys!
Classic! I always try to give up sugar and then GO CRAZY! Actually, I have sugar pumping through my body instead of blood. WE MISS YOU GUYS!
I tried to give up sugar once, I had serious withdrawls, I had to eat a marshmallow every couple of hours so I would stop shaking, that's hard stuff, hard! You are so funny Sara!
Sounds like you guys have been busy! We just got the flu- we thinkg! All 4 of us- while we were on vacation! Good times! Hope you are feeling better!
Turns out, its time for you to do a li'l update. Any of the above mentioned topic sentences could be expounded upon to produce fodder for our reading pleasure. So . . . get crackin!
Post a Comment