Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Who doesn't love October?

We don't not love it. In case you wanted a question that is impossible to answer without using a negative. I don't know if you've noticed, but attorneys are really good at asking questions that use a negative and are therefore difficult to answer in a non-confusing way. Anyway, all that I was trying to say is that we love October. I mean, awesome fall temperatures and colors, General Conference, Halloween--what could be better?

Two of our highlights this month have been Thriller and baseball playoffs. If you don't know, Thriller, besides being a Michael Jackson song (which incidentally, is not why I like this production), is a Halloween-themed dance production by the Odyssey Dance Theater. I went to it on a date probably 8 years ago or something, and I've been wanting to go with Blair ever since. Well, we finally went when it was in Provo a couple weeks ago, and it was amazing! The opening and closing dances to "Thriller" were pretty awesome, but I think my favorite was the first half of the mummy dance where the Egyptian girls danced. It was pretty impressive. I'm kind of wishing that I would have bought some tickets to go see it at the Tuacahn this weekend while we will be in St George since it was so fabulous. If you've never gone, you should definitely go if you like good dancing and Halloween. What a great combination. Go to their website to see a video of it.

And what would October be without baseball? We are too cheap to pay for cable, so this is the only time so far this year that we have been able to watch baseball on our tv. We are rooting for the Angels, so this weekend was a little rough. Hopefully they will be able to pull it out tonight and tie up the series 2-2.

3 comments:

Cassa Carter said...

Hey chick, I think that we went on the same night. I went with Jenna, and she said that she saw your husband by the bathrooms. I was so mad that I missed you... but you are right that it was fabulous!

jeff&lynn said...

Wow, I'm really impressed you go without ESPN. I'm seriously not sure what would happen to Jeff if we didn't have it...we probably shouldn't even think about it. We don't not love october either!

p.s. i love your header picture!

Anonymous said...

We went to Thriller on Monday and I thought it was fantastic!