I don't really have time to do a post because I need to get a workout in before we go over to our friends' house for a q tonight, but I just have three things I need to voice some "really?"s for real quick before I go get my run on.
1. They (UDOT) are doing construction for basically the next 10 years along the whole Wasatch front. These are the times I wish I lived in St. George or Fool Creek, but I digress. The thing is, they are doing something to the exit to Highway 6, which just happens to be the one I take to get home. The something that they are doing consists, so far, of putting up k-rail (that's what we in the industry call the cement barrier walls) and making the lane feel like a luge track for a minute. Well today they happened to have some big equipment parked just on the other side of the k-rail. Not on the side that we were driving on, mind you, but the other side of the very heavy concrete barrier. And please note that the said equipment was parked, not moving, not doing anything. Yet the cars in front of me thought that they needed to slow down to 25 miles an hour. Really? Maybe they were really old and it looked like they were going into a tunnel because the k-rail was so narrow and the big equipment was looming so large on the driver side. But come on! Twenty five miles an hour! You can bet that as I was slamming on my brakes and then down-shifting that I said "Really?" And I did.
2. I went for a run last night. I've been really lazy lately because I got a new job. Yep, I'm a real attorney and I wear real suits and everything. It's weird. I'm wondering how many times I have to wear a suit until it stops feeling like I'm playing dress up. I'll let you know. Anyway, that's beside the point. I haven't been working out much because I am ridiculously tired when I get home. But last night I decided to stop with the excuses and get a run in so that I will be able to actually do the races that I've signed up for later this summer without wanting to kill myself. I decided to do some intervals instead of just doing a lazy 3 miler. And I really hate intervals, but I did it anyway. I'm a tough coach sometimes. Anyway (see, why I can't just do a simple post? It takes forever because of all the dang tangents I go off on!), I was dying when I got back, sweating a ton and really red-faced. Then the weirdest thing happened. Not too gross, don't worry. Aimee was telling me about this phenomenon a while ago where her knees sweat. And I was like, "That's because you're a freak." Just kidding, I didn't say that, nor do I mean it. But really, whose knees sweat? As it turns out, mine do. Really? Come on. And I don't mean my knee pits. I saw sweat running down the front of my lower leg, and it was coming from a little pool of sweat right below my knees. I guess Aimee's not the only freak.
3. This one's from you because as you're reading this you're like "Really? You don't post anything for two months and then think you can just post something out of nowhere with no explanation with some relatively big news mentioned in passing and you're off the hook? Really?" And yes, I know it's crazy that I'm a mindreader, but let me just respond to your questions, which, by the way, are a little rude and somewhat intrusive. Ok, not really intrusive since you're reading a blog about our lives and all, but it sounded good. And yes, I know I'm not off the hook and that I have been a big slacker, but things have been both really boring and kind of crazy at the same time. Boring because nothing that great has happened recently, apart from the fact that I got a job, but I had no mental energy or creativity to figure out how to write a post about it. Kind of crazy because I had to wrap up my other job and try not to leave a bunch of loose ends for my judge and my coworkers to deal with and then make the transition to a new job without wanting to kill myself. So far so good. The problem is, now I won't have any good court stories, so I'll just have to make stuff up since I can't divulge stuff I'm working on because of that whole attorney-client privilege thing. But whatever. I'll still come up with some good stuff for the tri-annual post. Stay tuned. The next update is scheduled for mid-August. Ok, so I'm not really planning on not posting til then, but if you don't expect anything for a while and then you're pleasantly surprised by a post before then, I've exceeded your expectations. And that's what I'm all about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I love you Sara, bring it on. It would be a real shame if you didn't write until August because you my friend are hilarious!
I am glad I am not the only freak...the front of my knees sweat worse than any other part of my body...like drip sweat gross I know.
I love reading your posts - hope to see you guys memorial day weekend.
Haha, that is funny stuff. One of those posts where I can hear how you would say "really?"
On a unrelated note, I think you need to do a post on your doppleganger, Ms. De Cosimo. ;-)
As you tend to post quite hilarious tidbits on your life (or lack of ), I tend to let it pass that an eternity lies between each one.
And by the way, do you think we will ever see each other again? It's amazing how incredibly lazy we are in this friendship!
Congrats on your new job!! Cross your fingers that we can come out for the alumni game this fall. We miss you guys!!!!
No more court stories...tell me its not so:) I have to admit I quite enjoy reading your little babbles, it always brings a smile to my face. Congrats on the new job and I will check back in August.
seriously... you are too funny! I guess I will keep posting :) It's nice to know I have one follower on my corny little blog :) Love you guys! Congrats on the new job Sara!!!!
Hey Sara. I'm in charge of the 10-year HS reunion. I wanted to make sure everyone receives an invitation. If you'd like more information, reply with an email address and I'll make sure you get all the details.
Thanks!
Callie
lighthousebuff@gmail.com
Post a Comment