We went shooting the other day for work for about 4 hours. I was freezing, but it was pretty fun. We shot a machine gun type gun first and I couldn't hit anything so I thought it was going to be a pretty long afternoon. Then I got serious and put on a backwards hat since the wind was blowing a hundred miles an hour. I showed Blair the pictures that night and he said that I look like a dude. Ok, so I kind of do, but that's probably alright since I'm around criminals a large percentage of the time when I'm wearing my uniform.

I was a little hesitant about laying down on the rocks because I didn't want to get my uniform pants dirty--because that would mean that I would have to wash them, which I don't like to do more than I have to. I thought about just holding myself in a low push-up position while shooting, but I thought that I better just lay on the ground to get the full experience (and I knew that I couldn't hold myself up like that longer than 30 seconds or so).

This is me trying to find the dang target in the scope. No one ever told me how hard it is to even see through a scope until Bob did that day (that's Bob in the background--he's pretty great). I had to keep moving forward and back awkwardly to be able to see through it without the whole thing going black. He had to find the target for me a couple times because I couldn't find it since the scope was zoomed in so much.


I think this is one of the times that he had to find the target for me, maybe on the 400 or 500 yarder. I had to try twice before I hit the 300 yard target, but then I hit both the 400 and the 500 yard targets on the first try, which is really amazing for me since I am not a good shot and the wind was blowing pretty fierce. But it was way fun, and a good ego boost.

Now I can be a total bad-A in court when I deal with the criminal element since I have been pepper sprayed in the face and I can hit a target from 500 yards away. Too bad the shooting experience won't help me very much, though, since I can't hit much from 20 yards. Oh well, I guess it's a good thing that I don't carry a gun in the courtroom.
2 comments:
You look so tough and how fun to shoot a machine gun but a little girlie with the not wanting to get your pants dirty though.
Wow... you've been busy! I think it's so great you get to have these experiences!! Better yet, you document them! I'd probably pass on the pepper spray, but shooting?? AWESOME!! Your kids are going to be shocked to see their sweet, soft spoken mother on the ground with a machine gun!!!
Post a Comment