Monday, September 15, 2008

Finally!

Ok, first I just have to say that it was so fun that Blair did a post. Is he not great or what? He is, that's just a rhetorical question, FYI. I've been meaning to do a post, like always, but I've been a huge slacker in most areas of my life lately, so it logically carried over to the blogosphere. I need to post some great pictures that I took of Blair building a haystack (no kidding!) and some pics from Dylan's wedding. We, or Dallas, actually, took some pretty great pictures down in Fool Creek a couple weekends ago because I thought it would be fun to take pictures in my parents' back yard since it was 5 years ago this time of year when we took our engagement pictures. Weird! So I will also post those. I thought I should also appease Aimee since she's probably the main person who reads our blog and she put me at the top of her list of people who should do a post about 7 things. I'm pretty sure she knows most of these about me since we hang out fairly regularly, but nonetheless...

7 Things I plan to do before I die:
1. Have a child with Blair
2. Read all the books on my list of books to read
3. Go to Africa
4. Do a half marathon--I'm not as ambitious as Aimee
5. Turn into a nicer person--if this could happen magically that would be really nice
6. Pay off my student loans
7. Develop some creative talent in some type of artistic pursuit

7 Things I can do:
1 Draw some pretty good stick figures
2 Waste a substantial amount of time without realizing it
3 Name the lead singers of a fair number of bands
4 Withstand pepper spray in the face, but just barely
5 Appreciate some good poetry
6 Make Blair laugh
7 Act like a kid fairly easily

7 Things I cannot do:
uno- Keep my house as clean as I want
dos- Handle stupid people
tres- Grow my hair out and have it look good
quatro- Be consistent
cinco- Wait to move into a new house!
seis - Whistle a tune (I can whistle a little, just not a tune)
siete- Resist buying cute clothes and/or deco stuff at Target

7 Things that attract me to the opposite sex:
#1 Niceness
#2 Eyes that change color
#3 A great smile
#4 Muscles
#5 Good people person
#6 Athletic prowess
#7 Strong testimony

7 Things I say most often:
1. All rise
2. Really?! (got this one from Aim--it's great for all the stupid crap that happens, especially at my job)
3. Love you
4. Thanks
5. Sure thing
6. Why did I get pepper sprayed in the face? That was so dumb--at least once a day
7. Seriously

7 Celebrity Admirations:
1 Admire, though? Maybe some that I like, but few that I admire.
2 In fact, I can't think of any

7 Favorite foods--This one, on the other hand, could go on and on
1. Vanilla custard-y type desserts
2. Almost anything with cheese on it
3. Creamy potato soup with cheese and dill in it--so good!
4. Almost anything sweet or savory with cream cheese in it
5. Yellow squash
6. Berries
7. Garden fresh tomatoes

7 People who should do this
Blair
Liz
Lynn
Candice
Carrie
Nicole--as soon as she gets a blog in 1.8 years
Dylan

3 comments:

jeff&lynn said...

We miss you guys!! Let us know how your new house search is going (how annoying!).

Brenda said...

I love your new picture at the top!! I love it when you post something - they always make me laugh in a good way (and usually I learn like 5 new words ;) ).

candice said...

Your new picture looks great!! I know I just saw you a few hours ago... hope you don't feel like you're being stalked! Did you know Africa is on our list too? Let's safari together! On your list of things you can do, you neglected to mention your ability to make delectable desserts and addictive salads! It was fun to read, perhaps I'll take your suggestion and make my list. I'm probably just going to pretend it was for Aimee though!