Friday, March 7, 2008

What I'm Listening to Right Now...

I've been working on iTunes on Blair's computer all day today because we were having some problems that nearly made me swear, so I thought it would be fitting to post a nice list of my favorite songs lately. I don't know why I like lists so much, but I love it when I'm looking at other people's blogs and they have fun lists of stuff. And while everyone might not think this is a fun list, I like it because what's funner (or 'more fun' if you're being proper) than good music?

  1. Josh Turner: Man, I just love Josh Turner's voice! I'm still kicking myself for missing the concert that he did at UVSC a year or two ago. I really like several of his songs and my mood dictates which song I listen to. I love "Would you go with me" for how well it showcases his deep voice and the banjo heavy redneck-type country sound that I don't usually like. And I love his song "Your Man" because it's so romantic. Ok, so I know that these songs are not new by any means, but I saw him when I was scanning through iTunes earlier and was reminded of how great he is.
  2. "No More" by Eddie Vedder: I kind of stumbled onto this song because it is on the new album by Eddie Vedder for the Into the Wild soundtrack, but apparently he wrote it for a new documentary called Body of War that is about an Iraqi war vet who was paralyzed on his tour of duty and is now speaking out against the war. Not that I'm a Bush-hater or anything, but I've recently decided that while I thought the war was a good idea when it began, I now think it should end. I still need to become a lot more informed about the war, and that is one of the things on my to-do list while I'm taking a hiatus from work and school in the next few weeks. Back to the song, though, it's a great hippie-ish song that just happens to be by one of my favorite voices, Eddie Vedder. I feel like it would be a good song to sing around a campfire with like-minded individuals. I've been finding myself singing when I'm doing whatever the past few days because it has a pretty catchy tune. Incidentally, the whole album of the Into the Wild soundtrack is really good, exclusively Eddie Vedder acoustics--lovin' it! I originally bought it for the song "Guaranteed" when Blair and I heard it while waiting in the movie theater, but all of the songs that I have listened to so far are pretty good.
  3. The new Good Charlotte album! I heard the single from this cd--"I Don't Wanna Be in Love (Dance Floor Anthem)" on the radio a couple weeks ago and then I couldn't figure out who sings it since it doesn't sound like Good Charlotte to me at all. But then we figured out that it is them and bought the whole album, and it is all pretty good! I'll admit, I was pretty surprised because I don't particularly love their older stuff, but most of the songs on this album are really upbeat and catchy. In addition to the single, I like the song "All Black" even though it is about the singer's morbidity and obsession with black.
  4. Cake! Just like its dessert counterpart, I always come back to Cake since they're so great. I have my favorites on several of the albums, including "You Part the Waters," "Love You Madly," and "Stickshifts and Safety Belts." Yesterday Aimee introduced me to their most recent cd, "Pressure Chief," which I did not have, so I have been listening to that today and enjoying the unique sound of Cake. I also bought the album of B-sides and Rarities, which is great as well.
  5. "When She Believes" by Ben Harper: I've really been enjoying this song lately for some reason. It has an accordion going on in the background, which makes it sound Italian or something, but it's such a relaxing song with Ben's falsetto. I love this whole album "Diamonds on the Inside." All of the songs are great! But let's be honest, most of his songs are great. I was listening to this album in the shower the other day when "Bring the Funk" came on, and I was totally dancing in the shower. It was great. So I highly recommend this album for dancing in the shower or for just relaxing to some of the other songs.

1 comment:

The Kolste Family said...

Sara! Its good to hear from you. It's crazy how you find people's blogs. Im glad you found ours and sometimes a little embarrassed because I put silly things on it. Anyway...I will have to check in on yours every now and then to see what you are up to these days if you don't mind!