Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend!


Man, what a great weekend! Not only did we get to go down to Fool Creek, which we haven't done in quite a while, but we also celebrated Blair's birthday, on Easter Sunday, no less. I think that a good time was had by all, and we even got some great pics as well.

We missed the party that my mom's family did on Friday evening, but we went and hung out at the cookout that my dad's family did on Saturday afternoon at some local sand dunes, so that was fun. On the way out, Blair told me that we probably didn't need to take our camera since both of us looked kind of gross. But Ian & Brenda brought their camera, so we ended up getting a picture of us, despite our general grossness.

I think Aimee and Brenda both put this picture on their blogs, but how can you resist when Dallas is just so cute? Plus, it would make a great advertisement for Dodge--enabling a jovial family function in the great outdoors of central Utah.

This is a picture of my cutest-ever nephew, Isaac. He's putting up his hands to warm them from the fire, even though he's standing about 15 feet away. I told him that the fire warms up your hands nicely when you put them up like that, and then I said, "Ah." He thought it was so funny, so he kept putting up his hands and then waiting for me to put up my hands and say "ah," after which he would say "ah" and laugh hysterically for a minute. He's pretty stinkin' cute. The other funny thing he said at the sand hill was when he was walking up the side to get to the top to start digging with his new toys. He started sliding down a little, so he said, "Help! Help! It's too deep!" So Aimee went and rescued him and helped him to the top of the hill, where he enjoyed digging with the other kids for a while.

Here's a picture of Blair and I on Easter Sunday and his birthday. This picture doesn't quite catch the resplendent beauty of Fool Creek, but you can kind of tell that it's pretty. Spring is my favorite time of year down there because it is so beautiful and green. Blair and I went for a nice walk on Sunday afternoon after church, and it was really warm and nice. I've gotta say, though, he's definitely the best looking 28-year-old around! And my grandma told him that he's looking slim, despite my best efforts to fatten him up by making some of his favorites for his birthday dinner, including babyback ribs and peach cobbler--but not together.

Here's a pretty cute picture of me with Dallas, Ian, and Taryn--how cute is it seeing Dallas holding Taryn, though? She is pretty happy and smiley all the time, and she's starting to babble a lot, which is really cute. I was trying to get Dallas to give a real smile for any of the pictures, but he refused. He looked really nice in his yellow shirt for church, and Blair was coveting his belt with rawhide accents and a belt buckle he won in one of his many rodeos. Church was pretty great, partly because Dallas came and sat next to me in sacrament meeting, but also because Blair and I got to go to Primary and listen to my mom give the sharing time lesson on the importance of Easter and the Savior's sacrifice for us and the Resurrection. I really like being able to go to Primary now (I'm a teacher in our ward), so it was nice to go to Primary in my parent's ward and hear my mom's lesson on Easter and reflect on its importance and the great gift that we celebrate on Easter. I had a lot to reflect on and be thankful for this weekend with Easter, my family, beautiful surroundings, and a fabulous husband. I hope everyone else had as good of a weekend as we had.

2 comments:

Liz Szilagyi said...

Sara Finn, I happened upon your blog and it was so fun to see what you are up to. Very outdoorsie, I'm impressed. And a little bit jealous. Hope all is well.

Liz Bassett

Rachel Gillie said...

How are my two favorite people in the world doing? Sara you are absolutely gorgeous in the pink sweater! We miss you two and hope to catch each other in the same state on one of these holidays. We are thinking of catching the rodeo for Fiesta Days in July! We would love to see ya'll!!