Tuesday, July 1, 2008
I'm a Bailiff!
Since I passed POST, I am officially a law clerk/bailiff for the Fourth District Court. Yesterday was my first day, and it went better than I anticipated. We were supposed to have a criminal jury trial today and tomorrow, but luckily for me, it got cancelled--thank goodness! But it should be a good time tomorrow--bail hearings and an eviction hearing--and on Thursday--criminal law in motion day, which includes initial appearances, preliminary hearings, entry of pleas and stuff like that. So it should be an interesting week. As a sidenote, feel free to not only come and check out our courtroom specifically, but any proceedings in district court because it is open court. It can be really interesting if you get in on something good, like a rape case (not necessarily interesting, but horrifying, rather) or a theft case where the defendant is 75 and committed the thefts from one of those driveable wheelchairs (seriously, I sat in on this today, and I was thinking, "Really? You're going to spend your retirement in jail, you dillweed!). And the job is pretty laid back, so it will be a good year for me to learn the law more in depth while I figure out the procedure and what I want to do. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congrats on the new job and you will have to post a picture of you in uniform! Are you guys going to be in Delta for the 4th? We are but I don't think we are going to go to the derby this year and I think that was where I saw you last year. If you go hopefully I will see you at the park!
ummm... hello blogger queen! it is good to have you back! :) looks like life has been super busy and fun for ya... happy belated 2-6!! those camping pictures are gorgeous! i'm totally jealous as we are sitting in 110 degrees down here. glad that you are enjoying your new job! keep us updated!
Hey Chickie! I am so glad to hear from you. Your new job sounds awesome. I got to see Amy and Dallas this week, but under very sad circumstances. Take care of Dallas I know he is struggling with the loss of Brooks. So I have to tell you that I tell my hubby all the time what a great tutor you were to me. I would have never made it through half of school without you. Love your guts, Cassa
I heard you have some good stories about your first few days in court. We cant wait to hear them. Also, can I please get those recipes for that chicken and salad. They were amazing, thanks for having us over, it was a blast.
Congrats! I wanted to tell you I love your new blog background! It is o cute!
Post a Comment