The picture doesn't really do it justice, but take my word for it that it was both really tasty and aesthetically pleasing. I'm thinking I'll do a post later this week of some good recipes that I have found, including Honey Curry Chicken and my favorite summer salad for Linsey. I might throw in some of the good salmon recipes that I have found recently as well as the Lime Cheesecake Bars that I made for the family party on Sunday and the Custard Pie that I've been wanting to make...
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Great Meal
So I've been really lame about cooking for the past few weeks partly because I have been working full time and partly because I've just been really disorganized. So I have to post a picture of the gorgeous and really tasty meal that I made tonight with Blair's help. Blair always makes fun of me for using adjectives like "gorgeous" for food, but I think that a tasty meal is even better when it is pretty. Kind of weird, I know. Tonight we had firecracker salmon with steamed zucchini and polenta medallions. I didn't anticipate liking the salmon very much, but it was very tasty and had just enough spice. I'm trying to accommodate Blair's love of spiciness more, but I'm a big wuss when it comes to spices. I'm getting better, though. And if you've never had polenta--so good! It's made of cornmeal and is very creamy and just good stuff. You can make it from scratch, but it takes an hour or something ridiculous, so I always buy a package of the premade stuff if they have it when I'm at Target. So here's the picture:
The picture doesn't really do it justice, but take my word for it that it was both really tasty and aesthetically pleasing. I'm thinking I'll do a post later this week of some good recipes that I have found, including Honey Curry Chicken and my favorite summer salad for Linsey. I might throw in some of the good salmon recipes that I have found recently as well as the Lime Cheesecake Bars that I made for the family party on Sunday and the Custard Pie that I've been wanting to make...
The picture doesn't really do it justice, but take my word for it that it was both really tasty and aesthetically pleasing. I'm thinking I'll do a post later this week of some good recipes that I have found, including Honey Curry Chicken and my favorite summer salad for Linsey. I might throw in some of the good salmon recipes that I have found recently as well as the Lime Cheesecake Bars that I made for the family party on Sunday and the Custard Pie that I've been wanting to make...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
WOW! So your cooking class is starting when??? ;)
Sara- You are amazing! Look so tasty!
Geez... I repeat what everyone else has said. I'm in a cooking funk right now - we have breakfast for dinner at least twice a week. It's not fun when it's that often!
So ... it's time for a new post. You're back to the "once a month posting" schedule & I will not have that!
What's up Sara! I just stumbled upon your blog. Pretty cool!
I found your blog from Rachel Gillie's. I grew up with Blair, good times had hanging out with Blair, from 8th grade English projects to learning hymns for Youth Conference. It was nice to see what you two have been up too. I am so happy for Blair, sounds like he married a wonderful girl. My husband and our two girls live in Georgia. If by chance Blair would like to see what we have been up to you can email me at melissabowbow@hotmail.com I would love to check back from time to time if that is okay.
Melissa (Galt) Bowman
Post a Comment