So in case you hadn't heard, we moved into a brand new townhouse! Yay! Now not only have we joined the ranks of homeowners, but we have also joined the ranks of Spanish Forkians. Even more exciting. We were pretty pleased to figure out last weekend that the drive to FC is now only one hour! What could be better? And I have to give a huge huge huge THANK YOU to our fam and friends. THANK YOU!! They are pretty much the best for helping us move a couple weeks ago. I had planned on getting some pictures to memorialize such a big day in our lives, but let's be honest, we didn't have time for that. But my mom and dad, Aimee, Dallas, Ian, Brenda, and our friends Scott, Ryan, Seth, and Brandon all helped us get packed up and loaded the morning of, as well as helping us throughout the week. And how awesome is Dylan? I can tell you, he is pretty awesome. He did an amazing job painting our whole place for us, and we appreciate it a ton. And Aimee was pretty much our personal assistant that week, helping with packing, moving, buying dinner, and basically anything we needed. We also had some great help prepping everything for Dylan to paint--Bryce, Scott, Ryan, Bethany, and Aimee. Thanks to them! We were pulling some pretty late nights here with Dylan that week of painting, and we totally appreciate everything that he did, and we're glad that Darci let us take up so much of his time. After all that, we are almost done getting everything where it goes two weeks later.
Ok, Nicole has been asking for pics, so I walked around and snapped some pictures of the parts of our home that are amenable to picture-taking at this point. We have a three bedroom, two and half bath, but I didn't take any pictures of the third bedroom because it still looks like a bomb went off. But I took plenty of other pictures, so don't dismay.
This is the inside of our front door. It was too dark to take pictures of the outside when I got around to actually taking pictures, so those will have to come later. But this is what I would see when I'm about to open the door to let you in. Then I'll show you around the house.This is the first view you would have of the living room when you come in. Don't mind the ugly green couch--we are going to get a couch cover for it in the next few weeks, probably something a little more neutral, like brown.
Then this is the view of the living room area. Thanks to Blair Sr and Dena for a bunch of awesome furniture, like the red couch and the TV armoire that is coming up in the next couple pictures.
I talked Blair into doing roman shades instead of blinds in the living room and our bedroom. Let me know what you think. I really like how they look, a little more modern, different--totally my style. Obviously we are going to get curtains someday, but I will probably have to make them because the three windows put together are pretty wide. Anyway, here is the kitchen. We really liked how the kitchen and living room area were one big room.
Here is a better picture of the red wall in our kitchen and our cabinets. The original design for our kitchen was to just have the cabinets directly on either side of the stove, so we had them add the five more on both the top and the bottom, as well as the counter top. I mean, seriously, who designs a kitchen with four cabinets? It's not like these are being marketed to the college crowd. I think they must have been designed by some dude who doesn't cook. I'm so so glad that we added the rest of the cabinets because I think that it makes the kitchen look bigger, and we have enough room for all of our stuff. We realized when we were moving that we have far too many appliances.
This is the door area of the kitchen. The door on the far right is our pantry--how nice is that! In our apartment, we had food in the extra little bedroom, on the stove, on the counter. But now most of it fits in our pantry--I love it. The door straight ahead is the garage door. And can I just say, I love having a garage and will love it even more when it starts snowing on a continual basis. There are doors on both sides of the wall leading to the garage door--the one on the left goes to the unfinished basement and the one on the right goes to the 'powder room,' which is just the mini bathroom.
I had to put a picture of it because the sink is so cute, and because we did the wall around the mirror the same red as the kitchen wall. It's seriously the smallest bathroom in the world, but it's so nice to have a bathroom right off the kitchen, as well as two more upstairs.
This is the arch in the living room where the TV armoire goes. It is straight across from the red couch, and we liked the look of it when we first walked through the model. We like it even more now that we have a nice armoire to put in it.
This is the top of the stairs to go upstairs. The stairs are directly to your left when you walk in the front door. They are extra wide, which I'm sure was handy for moving our stuff in, but I can't really say since I was cleaning our apartment when they were moving everything in. So great to have movers!
This is the closet that is directly at the top of the stairs. If you can't tell from the picture, it is gigantic! We have a ton of stuff in there, and it still has more room.
This is the hallway upstairs. The master bedroom is directly behind. The door straight ahead is the guest bedroom, and the door to the left of that is our office. The door on the right in the laundry room, and then there is a guest bathroom across from that on the left.
This is our laundry room with our sweet new appliances that we got for a sweet deal on KSL.
This is the guest bathroom. Just as a sidenote, Blair picked out the decor on both bathrooms. He probably doesn't want me to put that on here, but I thought he did a great job! You can't really tell, but the rugs are dark brown.
This is our office. I think people either hate the paint color or really like it. I obviously really like it since I'm the one who picked it out. I wanted to do one room a fun color since I live here and whatnot, so I picked an orange. I wanted it to be a little more yellow-ish and not quite so orange, but I really like how it turned out. When Dylan was getting ready to spray, he said that it looked like the color of nacho cheese, and we both laughed. But then when he was spraying it, it was so orange! He sprayed the wall with the windows and said, "Wow, this is really orange! Are you sure this is what you want?" And I did, so he sprayed the rest of it. It doesn't look quite so crazy now that we have furniture in there, and I really like it.
Here is our master bedroom. When we're giving people a real tour, we save the master bed and bath for last because they are one of the main reasons we got this floor plan. We painted one of the walls red, and the roman shades that we got at Target just happened to match perfectly! What are the odds?
Here is a view of the red wall. Blair says that since we have so much red in our house now, he gets to put BYU paraphernalia around, but I keep trying to tell him that it not necessarily Ute red, just a non-partisan crimson.
The room makes our bed look tiny since it is so huge. Maybe it won't look so childish when we get a king size bed in the next little while, but we'll see. This is the reading corner, which I haven't used yet, but I anticipate really enjoying it.
This is our bathroom. I really like the shower curtain and rugs that Blair picked out. They go great with the paint colors in our bedroom, so there is a nice continuity. The linen closet to the left of the shower is nice and big, so it has room for all of our toiletries and linens.
This is a good shot of the toilet. Dallas really liked how there is a little stall.
Here is our double vanity. That was one of the upgrades that we did, and it is so nice. No more waiting for the other person to spit out their toothpaste.
This is half of the gigantic closet. This is Blair's side.
This is my side of the closet, along with our two dressers, sponsored by Blair Sr and Dena. Another thanks for that.
So there you go. There's a virtual tour of our new home. We totally love it. It is so nice to have a place for everything--even though everything is not yet in its place. And how great is Blair because let's be honest, I haven't been exactly pleasant to deal with and live with the past couple weeks while we're moving and trying to pick stuff out. But we made it through unscathed, and now we're so excited to be in our new place. Hopefully this is a long enough post to placate Aimee and Nicole, since they are probably the main ones who read our blog anyway, but it's also for the rest of you so that you can share in our excitement.
4 comments:
We've been missing your blog too! The house is looking AMAZING! I am way impressed by Blair's bathroom accessory buying skills. I just told Ian it makes me want to run around and organize my house and make it cute like yours. ;)
Hallelujah! wait, is that how you spell it? it looks weird all the sudden. Granted I haven't slept more than 2 hours in the last 36 . . . so please lower your standards for my grammar and spelling. Anyway, I love your house! Thanks for all the pictures. It was a brilliant tour, complete with appropriate editorial comments and I really felt like I was there. I can't wait to come see it in person. And I totally dig the Nacho cheese room--simply fabulous. Great work on the decor! see you soon!
Yalls new place looks really nice. I bet it is nice to get everything settled in.
The painting looks great! Good job!
Post a Comment